Bible Angeliology in English
ANGELOLOGY
(Study about Angels)
A. THE ORIGIN, EXISTENCE & NATURE OF ANGELS
1. They are created beings
2. They do not procreate- Matt.22:30
3. The time of their creation did not mentioned-Job.38:17
4. They were created holy-Mark.8:38
5. They are creatures because of that they are limited in knowledge and activities-
I.Pet.1:11-12
6. Their personalities (good and evil)
i. Intellectual- (Matt.8:29; I.Cor.11:3)
ii. Emotions - (Lk.2:13; James.2:19)
iii. Will Power (II. Tim.2:26; Jude.6; Lk.8:28-31
7. They are immortal-LK.20:36
8. Limited in knowledge-Matt.24;36
9. Accountable to God-Jn.16:11
10. Spirit beings-Heb.1:14
11. Appears in the form of male beings
B. Ranking of The Angels
1. Archangel Michael- Jude.9 I-Thess.4:16-guardian angel
2. Gabriel-messenger-Rom.8:16; Lk.1:26
3. Cherubim-Eze.28:14,16- high rank
4. Seraphim-Isa.6:2,6
C. Ministries of angels
1. Their main work is to worship God-Ps.48:1,2; Heb.1:6
2. Serving God and carrying out the commandments of God-Ps.103:20; Rev.22:9
3. They rejoice always in the work of God- Job.38:6,7
4. They were active in the ministry of Christ in His first coming and also when He will
come second time, they will have ministry.Matt.2:13-15; 4:11; II.Thess.1:7.
D. The reality of Satan
1. Bible is very clearly teaching about the personal existence and the work of Satan. The
word Satan used 55 times in the bible with the meaning adversary of opposer.
(Zach.3:1; Matt.4:10).
2. The word Devil used 35 times with the meaning of slanderer.
3. The great dragon also use in Rev.12:3. God of this world (II.Cor.4:4). Belzebul, The
Ruler of demon (Lk.11:15).
E. Origin of Satan (Eze.28:11-17)
This passage does not talk about a mere human being because of the following reasons:
1. He was the seal of perfection V.12
2. He was full of wisdom and perfect in beauty
3. He was in the garden of God. V.13
4. He was the anointed cherub V.14
5. He was on the holy mountain of God V.14
6. He was blameless V.15
7. He was the perfect until the sin was found in him V.15
8. He was cast out because of his sin V.15 (Lk.10:18-19
F. The major sin of Satan(Isa.14:12-14)
Five ‘I Wills’ of Satan
1. I will ascend to heaven
2. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.
3. I will also sit on the mount of the congregation.
4. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.
5. I will be the most high.
G. Major activities of Satan
1. To oppose the program of God
2. To blind the eyes of the world they may not understand the truth( II.Cor.4:4)
3. To tempt the believers to commit sin against God (Acts5:1-11; I.Cor.7:5; I.Pet.5:2).
H. Existence of Demons.
1. Demons are fallen angels who followed Lucifer .
2. Bible clearly accept the existence of Demons and almost all N T writers refers to
Demons.
3. Bible says demons are genuine person because they have intellect (Mk.1:24;
Matt.8:29; I.Tim4:1-3) they have emotions (Lk.8:28;Jn.2:19) and they have will
power (LK.8:32) also they have personal pronoun (LK.8:27-30)
4. They are spirit beings (Matt.17:18; LK.10:17-20; Eph.6:12).
5. They are immoral in their beings and goal (Matt.10:1; LK.7:21; 4:33) also they are
immortal.
I. Activities of Demons
1. They are extending the activities of Satan and serving the purposes of Satan in general.
2. The mission of Satan and Demon is same to oppose the program of God (Rev.16:13-
16).
3. Demon can possess a person and can inflict a person with sickness also with mental
trouble (Matt.9:30-33).
4. A Demon possession can have physical abnormality and sickness they can afflict
themselves (Mk.5:5).
5. They also have extra power (Matt.5:3-4).
J. Limitations of Satan and Demons
1. Their activities are permitted by God (Job.1:12)
2. They can be resisted (James.4:7)
3. We can overcome (1.Jn.2:13)